Can't edit pages in WordPress after uploading my Muse website to the host

homepage Forums Support / Help Can't edit pages in WordPress after uploading my Muse website to the host

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  pete 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

f2745728
    Participant

Hello there;

I installed MWuse properly and then uploaded my Muse website successfully. My website is live and working fine now and I can see my pages on the web already.

But the BIG problem here is I can’t edit the pages using WordPress’ built-in page editor. Every time I get to the “Pages” section of WordPress Control Panel and click on the “Edit” link under one of the pages then what I see is just a blank editor without any content to edit. I thought that I supposed to be allowed to edit pages by WordPress’ page editor or maybe I get something wrong.

Thank you for your helps in advance.

Juan Canas Pavón
    Participant

Hello, the HTML export is as the WP theme, you can not edit it in pages. For edit the content in WP admin panel you need put in muse page the shortcode [mtw_content] and then add the content in pages menu.

https://mwuse.com/shortcodes-list/

Using shortcodes in Adobe Muse

Regards

f2745728
    Participant

Hi Juan;

And thank you for your fast reply.

I tried what you said by putting an [mtw_content] shortcode to my pages via Muse workspace but unfortunately still can’t edit the pages in WP control panel. Not sure if I did it right since I’m new with shortcodes so I’ll show you what I did just in case any mistakes being happened:

1. I opened my Muse project file and added a text box and typed into it: [mtw_content]
    2. Then I linked the text content to: http://[mtw_content]
    3. Then I saved my work and published it via FTP to the web host.
    4. Did the MWuse instructions to switch to the new site pages.
    5. Checked the “Pages” section of WP control panel and still see nothing to edit.

Again thank you for your helps.

f2745728
    Participant

By the way,

If editing the pages in general isn’t possible at all, may I know what types of updates my clients can make to their websites and How they can make these updates using MWuse’ Muse To WordPress?

Thank you in advance.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  f2745728.

Juan Canas Pavón
    Participant

Hello.

First not need linked the text content to: http://[mtw_content]
    Second you need add the content from WP before edit it, all you add in page in Wp are show in the textbox with the shortcode

ian.barker24
    Participant

Hi,

I really like this plugin but I’m struggling to edit pages. I’ve installed the plugin and activated correctly. I’ve added the text box with [ mtw_content ]. I’ve ftp’d my html export to a folder mtw-themes and found the muse theme in my WordPress Admin Panel. I just don’t understand how to do the following, ‘you need add the content from WP before edit it, all you add in page in Wp are show in the textbox with the shortcode’.

Could you explain further please?

Juan Canas Pavón
    Participant

Hi, go to pages wp admin menu, open you page and add the content, then you can see this content in the text box with the shrotcode (the shortcode is replaced with the content).

markosavelli80
    Participant

Hello! I have the same problem with WordPress pages. I got shortcodes work, but when it comes to pages, they show themselves within WordPress but the actual site seems not getting information from WordPress pages. Maybe there is shortcode to add pages as well?

Juan Canas Pavón
    Participant

Hello, all your Muse content is as a theme for WP. If you want can edit content for WP pages menu you need:
    ​- Add [mtw_content] shortcode in a text box in Muse page https://mwuse.com/2017/02/14/using-wordpress-shortcode-in-adobe-muse/ https://mwuse.com/shortcodes-list/
    ​- Add the content from WP pages menu

markosavelli80
    Participant

Thank you Juan!

I know how to add [mtw_content] content pages but the problem is that my Muse template menu is not connected with WordPress menu, so if I add pages through WordPress they are not appearing to real site. Should I rename my Muse menu using shortcode? If so, I dont have that kind of shortcode. Can you help?

Juan Canas Pavón
    Participant

Hi, add the page in Muse, only master and shortcode [mtw_content], then it are add to menu. And add the content from wp pages menu

markosavelli80
    Participant

Hello! You mean should I add [mtw_content] to Master page name and then I will upload this only master page project to server and then it should work?

Juan Canas Pavón
    Participant

No, you need created each page in Muse with only the design and content shortcode. Of course not needed for post or products pages

markosavelli80
    Participant

Hi Juan, thanks for your response! Do you have an email, maybe its better to explain it to me with that. I can pay also for the help.

Juan Canas Pavón
    Participant

Go to live chat, is free 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More links:

There are no stupid questions! Let's talk

FOLLOW US

Find us on Adobe Muse Resources

© Copyright 2017-2018 MWuse

ACCESS TO ALL WIDGETS & THEMES

(BY MUSE TO WORDPRESS)

You will be free to leave and to continue using the downloaded themes and widgets.

Discover   /   Installation   /   Tutorials   /   Shortcodes   /   FAQ   /   News   /   mwuse.com - Powered by Muse and WordPress