Categories Shortcode

homepage Forums Support / Help Categories Shortcode

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ellicrrnz12 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ellicrrnz12
    Participant

Has anybody encountered an issue with the mwuse categories shortcode? It is not working for me and not sure why.

Jérôme Obbiet
    Keymaster

The shortcode mtw_categories is to display categories of one post, the in an item or single model.

If you want to display a general list of categories you can use the grid list like in the theme XD on the homepage

ellicrrnz12
    Participant

Right that is what I am trying to do. Within a single post type I want to display the category of that post and nothing is showing.

Jérôme Obbiet
    Keymaster

Im just trying it, it works…
    Is it a post or a custom post ? for custom post use tax

in XD example the is a custom post example but the category is in real a custom taxonomy 😮

then you will use [ mtw_tax tax="custom_category" ]

“custom” is the name of the post type, if you use woocommerce and want to display them cat it will be “product_cat”

In wordpress you can find the taxonomy slug in the url where you add or delete terms.
    example for post: edit-tags.php?taxonomy=category
    example for custom: edit-tags.php?taxonomy=custom_category&post_type=custom
    example for product: edit-tags.php?taxonomy=product_cat&post_type=product

I hope it’s your issue or i’m talking for nothing :p

ellicrrnz12
    Participant

It is for a custom post type. I want to retrieve the category or categories of to which that post belongs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More links:

There are no stupid questions! Let's talk

FOLLOW US

Find us on Adobe Muse Resources

© Copyright 2017-2018 MWuse

ACCESS TO ALL WIDGETS & THEMES

(BY MUSE TO WORDPRESS)

You will be free to leave and to continue using the downloaded themes and widgets.

Discover   /   Installation   /   Tutorials   /   Shortcodes   /   FAQ   /   News   /   mwuse.com - Powered by Muse and WordPress